Friends of the Somme - Mid Ulster Branch
ff
Casualties
No Mem Ref Service No Rank Name Regiment / Service Battalion Date Of Death
1 01 K/27693 Stoker 1st Forrest, John Royal Navy HMS Hampshire 05/06/1916
2 02 Lieut Stuart, Andrew John Viscount Royal Scots Fusiliers 6th Battalion 25/09/1915
3 03 Capt Hon. Stuart, Robert Sheffield Royal Scots Fusiliers 1st Battalion 02/11/1914
4 04 Lieut Harris, Eric Wallace Royal Garrison Artillery 213rd Siege Battery 04/11/1917
5 05 27459 Pte. Armstrong, David Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers 12th Battalion 12/08/1917
6 06 6794 L/Corp McAleece, James Royal Irish Rifles 11th Battalion 01/07/1916
7 07 10534 Pte. McAleece, William Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers 2nd Battalion 10/07/1916
8 08 4069 Pte. Newell, John Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers 2nd Battalion 07/11/1914
9 09 9988 Pte. Newell, Joseph Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers 2nd Battalion 21/10/1914
10 10 23188 Pte. McReynolds, Hamilton Patterson Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers 9th Battalion 12/03/1916
11 11 23160 Pte. Bleeks (Bleakes), George Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers 9th Battalion 01/08/1918
12 12 61888 Pte. Bleeks, William Thomas Machine Gun Corps 3rd Indian Division 17/10/1918
13 13 17230 Reg QMS Barlowe, James Alex Bell Royal Irish Rifles 19th Battalion 16/07/1919
Location
Town : Stewartstown
Latitude : 54.578554
Lontitude : -6.676948
Date Unveiled :
Donaghendry Church of Ireland Churchyard is in the centre of Stewartstown, County Tyrone, on the Coagh Road (B160). If approaching from Cookstown along West Street,. Take left for Coagh in the town centre. About 200 metres down that road on the left hand side is the entrance to the Church. There are two plaques, one for each war.

View Full Screen in Google Maps
Memorial History
From the Mid Ulster Mail dated Saturday 10th November 1945: 25 Years Ago (November 1920)
The marble tablet in Donaghenry Parish Church in memory of the twelve men who fell in the 1914-18 war, and the Roll of Honour the oak tablet in the porch with the names of the 30 parishioners who served, were dedicated by the Lord Primate. The beautiful stone prayer desk with marble top and stone seat, erected by the Earl of Castlestewart in memory of his three sons who fell, and the brass communion rails, erected by Viscount Charlemont in memory of six members of the Caulfield family who fell, were also dedicated, as were a communion cloth, presented by Mrs Kennedy, Mrs Fawcett and Miss A F Magill, and communion linen, presented by Miss Chambers of Pennsylvania.
It is thought the name of Reg QMS J A Barlowe may have been added afterwards,