Cuinchy is a village situated 10 kilometres east of Bethune. The cemetery is situated in the civil cemetery about one kilometre from the railway station. From Bethune follow the N.41 through Cambrin and then turn left along D.166 for approximately 500 metres until entering Cuinchy. Take first turn on right and follow road past Brown Road Cemetery until junction and then take left turning. The cemetery is situated in civil cemetery, 50 metres further along the road on the left.
Cuinchy remained during almost the whole of the War within range of German guns, and the cemeteries in the Commune were made, so far as British troops are concerned, by fighting units and Field Ambulances.
There are now over 100, 1914-18 and a small number of 1939-45 war casualties commemorated in this site. Two graves from the 1914-18 War, destroyed by shell fire, are represented by special memorials. The British plots cover an area of 314 square metres.